WorkSafe are actively prosecuting companies for COVID breaches.
A Victorian accommodation provider has just been charged by WorkSafe for not having a COVIDSafe Plan in place. It was also alleged they breached the Act by not having a sign-in process for contractors entering the facility. This case has been listed for hearing in the Melbourne Magistrates Court on 30 November 2021. There are a number of important considerations when developing COVIDSafe Plans.
Tips for developing COVIDSafe plans
- Does your plan meet current health department requirements?
- Is the plan achievable for those who have to follow it?
- Do you have a process to ensure the plan is being followed?
- Do you have an automated system to monitor compliance?
Your Safety Partners are currently assisting many companies across Victoria with COVID 19 compliance including managing COVID positive workplace cases.
We can help with:
- Developing simple processes tailored to suit your business.
- COVID communication and training.
- Setting up automated systems to monitor who enters your site/s.
“We have been partnering with YSP for over two years now and they have been instrumental in helping us set up, implement and monitor practical safety solutions for our entire business, which has delivered real results. We highly recommend them for their knowledge, efficiency and client focused approach.”
Mathew McDonald – General Manager – MTAW Group